NATURAL HORMONE REPLACEMENT
Natural Hormone Replacement Therapy has proven to be an effective treatment for:
- Premenstrual syndrome
- Peri-menopause syndrome
- Post-menopause syndrome
Unlike synthetic hormones, natural hormones cause few side effects because they have the same chemical structure as hormones produced by the body. Potential benefits include:
- Protection against heart disease and stroke
- Reduced risk of endometrial cancer
- Improved cholesterol levels
- Reduced risk of depression
- Prevention of osteoporosis and restoration of bone strength
- Improved sleep and better mood, concentration, and memory
- Improved libido
The combination of natural hormone therapy, nutritional supplementation, regular exercise, and the proper diet can slow down our biological aging clock and allow us to maintain a youthful, energetic and highly functioning lifestyle.
Why Dr. Jao Uses Saliva Testing
Saliva testing is an easy and noninvasive way of assessing hormone status and balancing needs and is proving to be the most reliable medium for measuring hormone levels.
The information gained from saliva testing allows Dr. Jao to supplement hormones according to a plan tailored to your needs. Well-balanced hormones regulate everything from reproduction to emotions, general health and well-being. An imbalance of any one hormone can throw physical and mental health out of balance, causing aggravating and even serious health problems.
Short Comprehensive Panel is the assessment used by Dr. Jao for both Men and Women who are having symptoms related to sex hormone deficiencies or excesses ( estradiol, P and T) and will also render an adrenal assessment with DHEA and am/pm cortisol. Women who are experiencing menstrual irregularity, night sweats, hot flashes, vaginal dryness, depression, mental fog and forgetfulness, tearful/moodiness, and tender breasts in addition to any of the above adrenal symptoms would warrant using this profile. Men will complain of decreased libido, decreased erections, decreased stamina, decreased mental sharpness, decreased muscle size, elevated triglycerides and/or high cholesterol.
Guidelines for Women
Women with Menstrual Cycles: Collect saliva between days 19-21 of your cycle, counting the first day of your period as day 1.
Post Menopausal Women or Women Who Have had a Hysterectomy: Collect saliva any day of the month.
Women taking Hormone Replacement or Birth Control (regardless of menstrual cycle):
- Use topical hormones no closer than 12 hours before collecting first sample, but no longer than 24 hours. Do not apply hormones the day of testing. If you use your topical hormone twice a day, skip both doses on the day of testing.
- Use sublingual or troche hormones (under tongue) no closer than 36 hours before testing.
- Oral hormones (pills) and topical patches should be used as prescribed without change.
- IUD use does not interfere with testing.
Guidelines for Men
If you are not taking hormones: you may collect saliva any day.
If you are Taking Hormones:
- Use topical hormones no closer than 12 hours before collecting first sample, but no longer than 24 hours. If you use your topical hormone twice a day, skip both doses on the day of testing.
- Use sublingual or troche hormones (under tongue) no closer than 36 hours before testing
Dr. Jao will help you face and overcome these challenges with nutritional supplements that offer just the right solutions to your individual health and well-being needs.
Download, complete and print the following Adrenal Questionnaire to bring with you to your appointment with Dr. Jao.